Exchange program for students of higher education institutions (Global UGRAD) with an additional component "STEM and Entrepreneurship" (UUAESE) - this international, educational and cultural exchange program supports talented foreign students, provides opportunities for future leaders to study in the United States to deepen knowledge and study culture and traditions of the United States of America.
Program participants will be selected according to the following criteria: academic success, leadership potential, activity in public life, knowledge of written and spoken English, motivation and willingness to become a participant in the exchange program.
The Global UGRAD Higher Education Exchange Program with the UUAESE component provides the following financial support: travel to / from the United States, tuition fees at an American university, accommodation and meals, health insurance, required textbooks, and a monthly stipend.
Participants study subjects in their field, as well as subjects in American studies. The standard number of academic credits per semester is 12. The number of credits (3) in American studies is included in the mandatory 12 credits per semester.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES:
- have Ukrainian citizenship, live in Ukraine and study in a higher educational institution of Ukraine for 1-2 courses (bachelor's program) for the duration of the competition;
- be over 18 years of age at the time of study in the United States;
- to be a full-time bachelor student at a Ukrainian university of any form of ownership;
- have a high level of academic success, social activity and leadership potential;
- speak English at a level sufficient for learning and communication in an English-speaking academic environment;
- be able to start studying in the United States from January 2022. The finalists of the competition cannot independently choose the dates of the program or postpone participation in the program for a later date;
- meet the requirements for obtaining a visa of an exchange program participant (J-1) to enter the United States.
Applicants must register at: www.worldlearning.org/ugrad to access the online application form to participate in the program. Candidates will be able to fill out their application form, as well as send letters of recommendation and other documents online.
The deadline for applications is February 28, 2021, 5:00 PM EST (Eastern European Time).
Additional information can be obtained by e-mail: KyivUGRAD@state.gov