Deadline: October 15, 2021. Applications submitted after 11:59 p.m. on October 15, 2021, will not be considered
The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program offers research opportunities at
U.S. universities and research institutions for scholars, researchers and other professionals. It targets scholars and teaching faculty, who are either teaching at higher education institutions or are affiliated with academic, research, or cultural institutions, including libraries, archives and museums, or with NGOs (Non-Governmental Organizations).
The competition is open to:
- candidates of sciences (PhD), doctors of philosophy / doctors of arts, doctors of sciences;
- researchers without a scientific degree with a full higher education (specialist, master), with experience of research work of at least seven years, with available publications (articles, monographs or sections in monographs) in domestic and / or foreign (international) scientific journals ;
- cultural and art figures, specialists in librarianship and museum affairs, journalists and public figures - with full higher education (specialist, master), work experience of at least seven years, significant professional achievements, scientific achievements in the chosen field of research (articles, monographs or sections in monographs) in domestic and / or foreign (international) professional scientific publications.
General requirements for candidates:
- have Ukrainian citizenship and reside in Ukraine at the time of the competition;
- fluent in English at a level sufficient for professional communication in an English-speaking scientific environment;
- return to Ukraine for 2 years after the end of the grant period in accordance with the requirements of the J-1 visa received by participants in exchange programs.
Grant duration - 3-9 months. Grant category open to participants from Ukraine - Research. The program does not provide for a degree.
Program participants receive:
- monthly scholarship;
- additional funds for the purchase of professional literature;
- Medical Insurance;
- round trip ticket.
Set of documents for participation in the competition (all documents in English!):
- online questionnaire, posted at https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2022. Carefully read the Instructions for completing the questionnaire;
- description of the research project with a volume of not more than 5 pages, 3,500 words; submitted / uploaded to the appropriate section of the online questionnaire;
- bibliography for a research project of 1-3 pages, uploaded to an online questionnaire;
- curriculum vitae is placed in the appropriate section of the online questionnaire; a list of scientific publications is a mandatory appendix to the CV;
- three letters of recommendation;
Registered recommenders (section "Register Recommenders") fill in the appropriate online forms of letters of recommendation in English.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that recommendations are submitted in a timely manner by 15 October 2021.
- invitation letter from an American institution (if available, not a required document, but desirable);
- Mandatory additional form: Consent to the processing of personal data (completed and printed, with the date of completion and certified by a personal signature, in duplicate to be sent by mail to the Office of the Fulbright Program).
The absence of any of the above documents, with the exception of the invitation letter, will make it impossible to participate in the competition.
Documents listed in the questionnaire, but the submission of which is not required: English Language Proficiency; Financial Support / Budget; Letter of Support From Home Institution.
Criteria for selection of candidates for participation in the Program:
- scientific achievements and developments;
- sequence of scientific efforts, connection of previously gained experience with the goals and objectives of the research project submitted to the competition;
- a well-developed plan for conducting scientific research with a clear justification of the importance of its implementation for Ukrainian, as well as American, institutions, and the relevant industry as a whole;
- convincingly demonstrated potential for cooperation with American and Ukrainian colleagues;
- readiness to initiate and implement new courses / projects / programs in the relevant specialization / specialty, dissemination and popularization of the results of the study on return to Ukraine.
Every Monday, from 15.00 to 16.00, on the ZOOM platform, we conduct online consultations for Visiting Scholar Program applicants. You can sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms. Information about access to the meeting will be sent to the address specified by the applicant one hour before the event.
Details and application form at: https://fulbright.org.ua/uk/fulbright-visiting-scholar-program/